What do you do when you’re visiting a new city? You research your options and figure out what places you want to go and things to do. If you’re like me, one of the first things I start looking for is a good guide that shows me where the best spots are in Bellingham. This guide does just that!
Map of Bellingham
The Best Places To Go And Things To Do In Bellingham
When you’re looking for a place to visit in Bellingham, there are plenty of things to do. From checking out the local art scene, to taking in a game at one of the many sports venues, to touring the city’s historic district – there’s something for everyone. Here are some of our favorite spots:
1) The Guild Art Gallery: This is a great place to check out local art from all different eras. Plus, the setting is beautiful – located on the banks of the Nooksack River.
2) The Bloedel Reserve Museum: If you’re interested in natural history, this is a great place to visit. It has displays on both local flora and fauna, as well as prehistoric artifacts.
3) The Bellingham Bay Aquatic Center: For a fun day out with friends, head over to the Bay Aquatic Center. There are plenty of water activities available, like swimming and surfing. Plus, there’s an amusement park that kids will love.
The Best Places To Go And Things To Do In Bellingham Photo Gallery
What is Bellingham?
Bellingham is a city in Whatcom County, Washington, United States. The population was 43,582 at the 2010 census. Bellingham is the largest city on the North Pacific Coast of the United States and is home to Western Washington University. In addition to its university population, Bellingham also has a significant retirement community population, with many people living in houses that were formerly summer cottages for working-class families. The city’s waterfront location and abundance of public parks make it popular among locals and tourists alike for outdoor activities such as walking, biking, fishing, kayaking and sailing.
The city’s economy is based largely on services, with health care and education serving as the main sectors. The area around Bellingham was first settled by Native Americans more than 10,000 years ago. European immigrants began arriving in the late 1800s and early 1900s. The first permanent settlement was founded in 1881. Bellingham was officially incorporated on April 8, 1903.
Bellingham is well known for its natural beauty which makes it a great place to visit any time of year! Here are some of our favorite things to do in Bellingham:
Where Should I Stay?
If you’re looking for a great place to stay while in Bellingham, we recommend checking out the Inn at the Quay. This centrally located hotel has comfortable and affordable rooms, as well as a variety of amenities that you’ll enjoy, such as an on-site restaurant and a fitness center. If you’re looking for something a little more unique, we also recommend staying at The Whale House. This bed and breakfast is perched on the edge of a cliff overlooking Bellingham Bay, and it’s perfect for those who want to explore the area without having to deal with traffic. Finally, if you’re looking for something more budget-friendly, we recommend checking out the Days Inn by Wyndham Bellingham-Mount Vernon. This hotel offers clean and comfortable rooms at an affordable price, making it great option for travelers on a budget.
Where Should I Eat?
One of the best things to do in Bellingham is to explore its amazing food scene. From high-end restaurants to hole-in-the-wall joints, there’s something for everyone to enjoy. Here are some of the best places to eat in Bellingham:
1. The Blackberry Farm B&B: If you’re looking for a delicious breakfast, this is the place to go. The farm offers a variety of items such as pancakes, waffles, eggs benedict, and Belgian waffles.
2. The Handlebar: If you’re looking for a burger that will leave you feeling satisfied, head over to The Handlebar. They have options for both meat lovers and vegetarians, so there’s definitely something for everyone.
3. Local 360: Local 360 is a great place to go if you’re looking for fresh and unique foods. They have a variety of items on their menu such as pad Thai, avocado toast, and gyros.
4. Sammich Spot: If you’re in the mood for a quick bite, Sammich Spot is your go-to restaurant. They offer sandwiches and salads that are sure to satisfy your hunger.
What To Do In Bellingham?
If you’re looking for things to do in Bellingham, you’ve come to the right place! From exploring the city’s fantastic art scene to enjoying a day at the beach, there’s plenty to keep you busy. Here are some of our favourites:
-Take a walk through historic downtown Bellingham and check out its many afforable shops and cafes
-Check out the city’s thriving art scene at one of Bellingham’s galleries or museums
-Take a trip to Mount Baker National Forest for hiking, biking, and camping opportunities
-View beautiful scenery and wildlife while kayaking or canoeing on the North Whidbey Island National Wildlife Refuge
After reading this guide on the best places to go and things to do in Bellingham, I think you’ll agree that our city has something for everyone. Whether you’re looking for a day of fun in the sun or want to explore some of our local history, we’ve got you covered. If there’s something you’d like to add to this list, please let us know in the comments below!