If you are thinking about exploring the city for the first time, this article is for you! It’s a comprehensive and detailed list of Atlanta attractions to visit. There’s even some helpful information on what to expect from your experience in Atlanta as a tourist.
Map of Atlanta
Atlanta, Georgia is a city that has something for everyone. From the bustling downtown district to the charming suburbs, this city has something for everyone to enjoy. If you are new to Atlanta and want some suggestions of things to do and see, read on!
The best way to get around Atlanta is by foot or bike. There are plenty of trails and paths throughout the city that make for pleasant walks or rides. There are also several bike lanes and paths throughout the city that make biking a great way to get around. If you feel like you need some assistance getting around, Atlantans are always happy to help out!
Aside from walking and biking, there are countless attractions and destinations within Atlanta that can be explored on foot or by bike. If you have time, consider exploring MARTA (the metropolitan area transit authority), which has a comprehensive system of buses and trains that will take you all around the city. Or try Uber or Lyft if you’d rather not use public transportation.
When it comes to food, Atlanta has something for everyone. From upscale restaurants in downtown Atlanta to local spots with delicious food, there’s no shortage of places to eat in this city.
The Ultimate Atlanta Travel Guide To Beginners Photo Gallery
Where to Stay
If you’re visiting Atlanta for the first time, your best bet is to stay in the downtown area. This is where most of the touristy attractions are. However, if you’re looking for a more affordable option, consider staying in Midtown or Buckhead. Both areas have plenty of options for budget-minded travelers. If you’re looking for a place with a bit more character, consider checking out Old Fourth Ward or Little Five Points.
If you’re planning on exploring the surrounding areas, be sure to book your accommodation well in advance. The peak tourist season is winter, when Atlanta is home to major events like the Super Bowl and Final Four. Otherwise, you can usually find cheaper rates during off-peak seasons.
Finally, don’t forget about food! Atlanta has some of the best food in the Southeast and it’s definitely worth exploring all of the different neighborhoods for a bite to eat. Try dining in Little Five Points, Midtown, or Downtown; each has its own unique flavor and atmosphere.
Where to Eat
Atlanta is a city full of food options for all tastes and budgets. Whether you are looking for a quick bite or an elaborate meal, there is something for you on this list. It is important to remember that Atlanta is a food lover’s paradise – so don’t be afraid to indulge!
1. Pho 95
This Vietnamese restaurant serves up some of the best pho in town. They have a variety of different sauces and meats to choose from, so you can customize your bowl to your liking. The atmosphere is casual and the prices are reasonable.
2. Wild Rice
This restaurant offers gluten-free and vegan options, perfect for those with specific dietary requirements. The menu offers a variety of dishes including salads, entrees, and desserts. The service is attentive and the prices are reasonable.
This Argentinean restaurant offers a wide variety of dishes including empanadas, steak sandwiches, and pizzas. They also offer breakfast all day long, making it the perfect place to start your day off right. The prices are reasonable and the service is excellent.
4. Lumpkin’s BBQ & Fish House This restaurant has very reasonable prices, and is also open all day long. The menu offers a wide variety of items including chicken and waffles, fish, and burgers. Everything here is gluten-free as well!
5. Beecher’s Ham Co. This restaurant specializes in all things smoked, including beef brisket and pulled pork sandwiches, ribs, steaks and more. Their location on Northside Drive makes it the perfect place to go for lunch or dinner.
6. Hot N Juicy This place is known for its delicious Southern cuisine including fried chicken wings and sweet potato fries. They also offer gluten-free items on their menu!
How to Get Around Atlanta
Atlanta has a great public transportation system that makes traveling around the city easy. There are a variety of bus, rail, and light rail options available to get you where you need to go. Streetcars run frequently through downtown and most neighborhoods have a number of taxi services as well. Parking is also not an issue in Atlanta; almost every major street has parking meters or garages.
If you’re travelling by car, be sure to take the time to learn about the city’s traffic patterns and map out your route before hitting the road. The Georgia State Patrol provides detailed maps of the state with specific information on traffic circles and speed limits.
If you’re spending more than a day or two in Atlanta, it’s recommended that you consider obtaining a hotel reservation ahead of time. The city is large enough that you can explore on your own, but if you want to take in all of its highlights, it’s best to lock down a room prior to arrival.
What to Do in Atlanta
If you are looking for a destination to visit in the southeastern United States, then Atlanta should be at the top of your list. This city is known for its rich history, cultural diversity, and world-class attractions. Whether you are a first timer or experienced traveler, here are some ideas on what to do in Atlanta:
1. Visit the World of Coca-Cola Museum. This museum is home to a collection of historic Coke products, including original bottles and cans from all over the world. It’s also a great place to learn about the history of this iconic brand.
2. Take a walk through Piedmont Park. This park is home to acres of oak trees and rolling green lawns, making it a perfect spot to enjoy a leisurely stroll. There are also plenty of tourist attractions and restaurants nearby, so you can spend an entire day here if you want.
3. Enjoy a concert at The Fox Theatre. This historic theater is home to some of the best concerts in the region, including performances by some of today’s biggest names in music. If you are lucky enough to catch one of these shows, be sure to sit up close and feel like you are part of the performance. 4. Take a day trip to Franklin County, VA. This region is home to some amazing architectural wonders and it’s one of only three places in the United States that feature a UNESCO World Heritage Site within its boundaries! If you have time for an overnight stay in this beautiful part of Virginia, don’t pass up on it! 5. Explore Charlottesville and its surrounding area. The university city offers everything from lush parks and gardens to lovely squares and boutique shopping districts, so there really is something for everyone here!
Businesses and Events
There’s no doubt that Atlanta is a bustling city with plenty to offer tourists and residents alike. Whether you’re looking for a relaxing weekend getaway or the perfect place to start your business, this is the guide for you!
Atlanta has an amazing amount of attractions, activities, and businesses to keep tourists entertained for days on end. From world-renowned art museums to lively nightlife districts, there’s something for everyone in Atlanta.
If you’re looking to get out and explore the city on your own, be sure to check out our comprehensive list of events. From family-friendly festivals to exclusive wine tastings, there are events happening all over town!
Whether you’re a first time visitor or have been to Atlanta many times before, our blog is sure to have something for you! So whether you’re planning your next trip or just want some inspiration for your current one, be sure to check out our blog section!