Since tourism has grown in the last few years with the advent of cheap flights, it is not surprising that travel destinations are now more widely known than ever before.
Map of Bangalore
Bangalore is the capital of the Indian state of Karnataka. The city is located in the southern region of the country and covers an area of 705 km². It is one of India’s most cosmopolitan and vibrant cities with a population of over 8 million people. Bangalore was declared India’s capital in 1956 and has been growing rapidly ever since.
Bangalore Travel Guide For Tourist – Map of Bangalore Photo Gallery
Facts about Bangalore
Bangalore is the capital of the Indian state of Karnataka and one of the most important metropolitan areas in South India. The city is located on the banks of the river Kaveri, which forms its natural boundary with Mysore to the north and Tamil Nadu to the south. Bangalore was once a small settlement on the eastern coast of India, but has now grown into one of the world’s most successful technological hubs and a leading information technology exporter. Bangalore’s economy is based mainly on information technology, pharmaceuticals, software engineering, biotechnology, telecommunications, education and tourism.
Bangalore is also known for its vibrant nightlife and its wide range of restaurants and cafes. Bangalore is home to several reputed educational institutions such as The Indian Institute of Technology (IIT), Sacred Heart College and The National Law School of India University (NLSIU). It is also home to several major hospitals including Mallya Hospital and Jaypee Hospital.
Bangalore has an estimated population of 10 million people making it one of the most populous cities in South Asia. Bangalore Urban Agglomeration (BUA) has an estimated population of over 25 million people making it one of the largest urban aggl omerations in the world.Bangalore is also home to several of India’s software companies including Infosys and Wipro. There are numerous other significant industries including chemical industries, automobile OEMS, electronics and telecommunications.
Bangalore has built up a key position as an educational hub for IT training.Bangalore is an important transit point in India for passenger traffic and freight traffic going to Kerala, Tamil Nadu and Andhra Pradesh. The city has been named among the top 10 cities for business by the Globalization and World Cities Study Group & Network (GaWC).The city is best known for its association with Kannada language, culture and literature.
Best place to visit in Bangalore
Bangalore is a city located in the southern state of Karnataka, India. As the Silicon Valley of India, Bangalore has become one of the most dynamic and rapidly growing cities in the country. With a population of over 8 million people, it’s easy to see why Bangalore is such an exciting place to visit. Here are some of the best places to visit in Bangalore:
1. MG Road – MG Road is home to some of the best shopping in Bangalore. From high-end designer stores to quirky small boutiques, there’s something for everyone on MG Road. The pedestrian-friendly streets make exploring easy, and there’s always something new to discover.
2. Cubbon Park – Cubbon Park is one of Bangalore’s must-see attractions. Not only is it a beautiful park, but it also features some great museums and monuments. From Indian art to ancient ruins, Cubbon Park has something for everyone to enjoy.
3. Victoria Memorial – Victoria Memorial is another great attraction in Bangalore. It commemorates Queen Victoria’s time in India, and features a beautiful garden and statue dedicated to her memory. It’s a great place to take a walk or relax in the sun while enjoying the sights.
4. The Kempe Gowda Bus Terminus – The Kempe Gowda Bus Terminus is a beautiful old building that has been beautifully restored. It’s located near the Inner Ring Road, and offers great views of the city. It’s definitely a photogenic spot that’s hard to pass up!
5. Hoysala Museum – Hoysala Museum celebrates the history of Karnataka in general, and that of Valia Kannada (a region in southern Karnataka) in particular. With its many exhibits on the history of Karnataka, this museum is sure to be fun for anyone who enjoys history.
Best place to stay in Bangalore
Bangalore is a big city with plenty of accommodation options for tourists. Here are our top picks for the best places to stay in Bangalore:
1. The Oberoi Bangalore Resort and Spa: This luxury resort is located in Koramangala, close to all the action in the city. With its stunning architecture and lush gardens, it is sure to make you feel like a VIP.
2. The Leela Palace Kempinski: This property is centrally located in the heart of the city and offers guests a range of services and amenities including a spa, gym, pool, tennis courts and more.
3. Scandanavian Hotel by Hilton Bangalore: This hotel has been design with an international flair and offers guests an excellent range of facilities including a business centre,conference rooms and more.
4. The Swayamvar Heritage Hotel: If you’re looking for luxurious accommodation then this spot is perfect for you. It’s situated just minutes from the city centre and offers guests stunning views of the skyline.
5. The Trident Bangalore Resort: This property is ideally located in Whitefield, close to major shopping centres, restaurants and attractions such as ISKCON Temple.
Best sightseeing places
Bangalore is a city that offers tourists a wealth of attractions and activities to enjoy. The city has many interesting places to see and visit, making it a great destination for tourists of all ages. Here are some of the best sightseeing places in Bangalore for tourists to explore:
1. Victoria Gardens: This is a beautiful garden located in the heart of the city. It offers visitors stunning views of the Bangalore skyline and is perfect for a romantic stroll.
2. Kempegowda International Airport: This is one of the most popular tourist destinations in Bangalore and offers visitors an opportunity to explore the city’s aeronautical history.
3. Old Banashankari Temple: This temple is one of the most iconic sights in Bangalore and is a must-see for visitors visiting the city. The temple features elegant architecture and stunning sculptures.
4. Jayanagar zoo: This zoo is home to many different animals, making it an enjoyable place for children to visit. The zoo also features interesting exhibits that provide insight into the animal kingdom.
5. Cubbon Park: This park is located in central Bangalore and offers visitors a beautiful setting in which to relax or take in some cultural activities.
Weather in Bangalore
Bangalore experiences a tropical climate. The city has an average temperature of about 27 degrees Celsius in winter and about 33 degrees Celsius in summer. The city experiences a monsoon season from June to September and a dry season from October to May.
Bangalore is one of the most polluted cities in India. However, recent efforts by the government and NGOs have reduced the air pollution levels in the city.
Bangalore is known for its nightlife, shopping opportunities, and cuisine. The city has many tourist attractions such as Lal Bagh Gardens, Cubbon Park, and Victoria Memorial.