Belize Travel Guide For Tourist
Belize is a small country in Central America and is considered to be one of the most beautiful places on earth. But what it lacks in size, it makes up for in beauty. Belize is a place you should visit if you’re looking for adventure, exploration, natural beauty and relaxation.
What is Belize
Belize is a country located in Central America. Belize is bordered by Mexico to the north, Guatemala to the west and the Caribbean Sea to the south. The country has a total area of 22,975 square kilometers, making it the smallest country in Central America.
The official language of Belize is English. However, Spanish is also spoken by a large minority of the population. The culture of Belize is heavily influenced by Maya, British and African cultures. Belize has over 40 different ethnic groups represented in its population.
Belize has a temperate climate with average temperatures ranging from 26-32 degrees Celsius throughout the year. The country receives plenty of rainfall which averages around 1000 mm per year.
The currency of Belize is the US dollar. Visitors are required to have a valid passport which must be valid for at least six months after your planned departure from Belize.
Some popular tourist destinations in Belize include: Ambergris Caye, Lighthouse Reef, Blue Hole, Glover’s Reef, Caribbean Club and San Pedro Town.
How to get to Belize
There are a few ways to get to Belize. You can fly into the country from the United States, Mexico, or Canada. Alternately, you can take a bus or boat from Guatemala or Honduras.
The easiest way to get to Belize is by air. American Airlines and Maya Island Air offer direct flights from many U.S. cities, with several more arriving weekly. Mexican carriers also fly into Belize regularly, as do Canadian airlines via San Diego and Toronto. There is also a growing number of regional airlines that serve the country.
If you’re coming by land, the easiest route is probably through Guatemala or Honduras. From these two countries, you can cross into Belize at any of dozens of border crossings. The journey may take several days by bus or truck (depending on the route), but it’s usually much easier than trying to enter Belize directly from Mexico or Canada.
Once you’re in Belize, there are several ways to get around. You can drive around the country in your own vehicle (although this can be quite challenging), take a taxi or motorbike taxi, or use one of the many local buses that connect major towns and villages throughout the country.
Belize is a small country located in Central America. It has an area of about 12,000 square kilometers and a population of about 300,000. The capital is Belmopan.
Belize is bordered by Mexico to the north and west, Guatemala to the south, and the Caribbean Sea to the east. Belize has a tropical climate with rains all year long. The terrain is mostly flat with some hills and mountains in the interior.
Belize has a great diversity of flora and fauna. Some of the most important tourist attractions in Belize are its Mayan ruins (such as Tikal), its cenotes (such as Lubaantun), its Barrier Reef, and its scuba diving locations (such as Ambergris Caye).
Belize Travel Guide For Tourist Photo Gallery
What are the Best Things to Do in Belize?
There are so many things to do in Belize, and as a tourist, there is no limit to what you can do. Whether you’re looking for a day trip or an extended stay, here are eight of the best things to do in Belize:
1. Visit the Mayan Ruins of Xunantunich. These ruins date back over 2,000 years and are one of the most popular tourist destinations in Belize. The ruins are located about an hour from San Ignacio and afford stunning views of the Mayan jungle.
2. Take a hike through the jungle at Corcovado National Park. This park is located about an hour outside of San Ignacio and offers incredible views of the jungle and two waterfalls that flow into the Rio Hondo River.
3. Spend a day at Virgin Beach on Ambergris Caye. This beach is known for its clear waters, white sand beaches, and coral reefs. You can also find several restaurants, bars, and shops along the beachfront.
4. Go kayaking or snorkeling at Cayo Largo Marine Reserve. This reserve offers crystal-clear waters perfect for kayaking or swimming.
What’s Not to Like in Belize?
Belize is a fascinating Central American country that’s perfect for tourists. The country is small and has a lot to offer, from its beautiful beaches to its vibrant culture. Here are five reasons why you should visit Belize:
1. Belize’s Culture Is Unique
Belize has a rich culture that’s different from any other country in Central America. The Maya peoples who live there are known for their art, and the country has a number of UNESCO World Heritage Sites.
2. Belize Has Some of the Best Beaches in the Caribbean
Belize has some of the best beaches in the Caribbean, including world-famous Placencia Bay. There are also plenty of other great beaches, both onshore and offshore, in the country.
3. Belize Has Lots to See and Do
Belize has plenty to see and do, including ancient Mayan ruins, beautiful coral reefs, and stunning jungle landscapes. The country also has plenty of shopping opportunities, with everything from traditional crafts to exotic animals on sale.
4. Belize Is Only a Short Flight Away from Mexico or Guatemala
If you’re looking for a short trip away from big cities, Belize is a great place to visit. The country is only a short flight from the Mexican cities of Cancun and Playa del Carmen, or the Guatemalan city of Antigua. Once you arrive, you’ll find that Belize has everything you need to have a great time, including some amazing beaches and a vibrant nightlife scene.
5. Belize Has Awesome NightlifeBelize’s nightlife is just as vibrant as its daytime options. The capital city of Belmopan has plenty of bars and clubs to choose from, and there are also some fun live music venues in other areas of the country as well.
Where to Stay in Belize
Belize is a great destination for tourists who want to enjoy the sunshine and crystal clear waters of the Caribbean Sea. With so many resorts and villas available, it can be hard to decide where to stay. However, with a little research, you’ll be able to find the perfect place to relax and recharge your batteries. Here are a few tips on where to stay in Belize:
1. San Ignacio: This small town is the perfect choice for those who want to enjoy the natural beauty of Belize without having to spend a fortune. There are plenty of accommodations options here, from budget-friendly lodges to high-end resorts.
2. Ambergris Caye: If you’re looking for an adventure, Ambergris Caye is the place for you. This island boasts numerous water sports options, such as kayaking, snorkeling, and fishing. You can also visit local villages and explore the rainforest.
3. Placencia: If you’re looking for an escape from the hustle and bustle of everyday life, Placencia is the perfect place for you. The town has a relaxed atmosphere that ’s perfect if you’re looking for a getaway.
4. San Pedro: If you’re looking for a more low-key beach vacation, San Pedro is the place for you. The town lacks a lot of the high-end resorts you would find in other tourist destinations, but it does have plenty of options to choose from.
5. Sittee Bay: For an eco-friendly resort, head to Sittee Bay. This spot offers plenty of activities, including scuba diving and snorkeling. You can also take part in many nature hikes through the rainforest nearby.
If you are thinking of visiting Belize, be sure to read our guide first. This will give you all the information you need to make the most of your trip, including things to do and see, where to stay, what transportation options are available, and more. We hope that this guide has helped prepare you for a wonderful experience in this beautiful country. Bon voyage!