Tettegouch State Park.
0. 0 Begin on the High Falls Trail at the north end of the parking lot. In 300 feet, pass a trail to the left.
Photo Gallery of Best Cities To Travel In Usa
Click to on Photo for Next Best Cities To Travel In Usa Images
3 Trail intersection with the Superior Hiking Trail (SHT) beginning the circuit portion of this hike; turn left.
0. 5 Spur trail on the left leads to an overlook in 0.1 mile with limited views of the North Shore.
0. 7 Trail intersection with the Tettegouche Trail; continue straight ahead.
0. 9 The Drainpipe. ? Here, a very rocky SHT ascends steeply. At the top of the Drainpipe, bear left on the SHT passing a trail to the right.
1. 7 Trail intersection; continue straight ahead on the SHT passing trails to the left and right.
1. 9 Spur trail on the left leads to panoramic views from Raven.
Rock in 0.2 mile.
2. 3 Trail intersection; continue straight ahead leaving the SHT which turns left.
2. 5 Spur trail to the right leads to the Conservancy Pines in 300 feet.
3. 0 Trail intersection; turn right on the trail to Tettegouche Camp, passing the trail to Palisade Valley on the left.
3. 3 Pass a trail on the left and in about 100 feet come to the camp's service road. Follow the road to the right through camp, and turn left just beyond Cabin C.
3. 8 A bridge crossing Mosquito Creek.
4. 2 A spur trail on the right leads to Nipisiquit Lake; continue straight ahead.
4. 4 Trail intersection; continue straight ahead passing the trail to the left.
4. 7 Trail intersection; continue straight ahead passing the Papasay Bypass to the left.
4. 9 Spur trail on the left to Papasay Ridge in 80 feet with a view of the Sawtooth Mountains (47° 21′ 26. 8″ N 91° 14′ 32. 9″ W).
5. 0 Five-way trail intersection; take the second trail to the left, a snowmobile, hiking, and skiing trail.
5. 2 Cross a wooden bridge. In another 350 feet, cross a snowmobile trail and continue straight ahead on the hiking and skiing trail.
5. 6 The spur trail on the left leads to the Lake Superior Overlook.
6. 5 Trail intersection with the SHT completing the circuit portion of this hike; continue straight ahead.
6. 8 Trailhead.