Bissau is a city in Guinea-Bissau, an underdeveloped country in West Africa. Bissau has the potential to be a great place for travelers interested in seeing culture and history, as well as shopping at different stores.
If you’re planning a trip to Bissau, you’ll want to check out the map below. The map includes a list of attractions and things to see in Bissau.
Some highlights include the National Museum, which houses many artifacts from the Portuguese colonial period; the Slave Market, which is said to be one of the largest in Africa; and the Afro-Atlantic Museum, which celebrates African culture.
Of course, there are also plenty of restaurants and hotels to choose from. With so much to see and do in Bissau, it’s hard to know where to start!
Bissau Map – A Complete Guide To Bissau Travel – Things To See Photo Gallery
Bissau is a small country in West Africa that’s home to some of the most fascinating people and cultures in the region. Whether you’re looking for adventure, culture, wildlife or simply want to relax on the beach, there’s something for everyone in Bissau.
In this complete guide to Bissau travel, we’ll outline everything you need to know before travelling to this beautiful country, including where to stay, what to see and do, and how to get around. We’ll also provide tips on safety and common scams you may encounter while travelling in Bissau. So whether you’re planning a short trip or a longer holiday, make sure to check out our guide!
Where To Stay
If you’re looking for a place to stay in Bissau, you’ll want to consider a few options. There are a few hotels in the city center, but many travelers find that it’s more convenient and cheaper to stay in the suburbs. You can find accommodations ranging from simple lodgings to luxurious resorts.
One option is to stay at one of the hostels in town. These can be good value and offer an interesting mix of local and international guests. Another option is to look for guesthouses or apartments that offer short-term rentals. This can be a great way to experience Bissau without spending a lot of money.
If you’re looking for a more permanent solution, you can try finding an apartment or house rental. This can be a great option if you’re planning on staying for a while, as these will often come with all the amenities you need. You can also look for furnished rentals if you’re not sure what you want or need.
Whatever option you choose, make sure to research it thoroughly before booking so that you know exactly what you’re getting yourself into. There are plenty of great places to stay in Bissau, so enjoy your time there!
What To Do
If you’re looking for a complete guide to Bissau travel, look no further! Here we’ll outline some of the best things to see and do while in the tropical country. From getting lost in the market district to sampling local food and beverages, there’s plenty to explore in Bissau. So sit back, relax, and let us help you make the most of your visit!
– Start your day by checking out the colourful market district. This buzzing area is home to a variety of local merchants and is a great place to get started exploring this vibrant city.
– If you’re looking for something different, head over to the Museu Nacional de Arte Antigo (MNAA). This impressive museum is home to an impressive collection of ancient art from throughout Africa. Be sure to check out the massive carvings and bronzes on display!
– If you want to get out of the city and explore some of Bissau’s stunning countryside, head over to Parque Nacional da Canoa (PNC). This expansive reserve is home to a variety of wildlife including elephants, hippos, lions, monkeys and more.
Bissau is a budget-friendly destination, with a cost of living that’s lower than in neighboring countries. While the prices of basic items are generally cheaper in Bissau, some luxury items can be considerably more expensive.
– Rent an apartment for $350/month: Apartment rentals can be found for around $350 per month, and include all utilities. If you’re looking for something more permanent, try finding an apartment with a landlord who rents out rooms or shares apartments.
– Eat cheaply: A meal at a restaurant will cost you around $5-$10, and you can easily find food on the street for much less. Try eating at local markets or street food vendors.
– Use public transportation: Bissau has reliable public transportation options that are affordable and easy to use. You can get around town by bus, train, or taxi.
– Save on groceries: Grocery stores in Bissau are generally very expensive, especially compared to other African countries. Try finding food near the market or buying food in bulk from local stores.
If you’re considering a trip to Bissau, West Africa, this guide is for you. We’ll take a look at what you can expect while in the country, as well as some of the places and activities that are worth checking out. Whether you’re looking to experience the traditional African lifestyle or just want to see some of the most picturesque spots on Earth, we hope this guide has helped narrow down your options so that you can make the trip of a lifetime!