Explore the Map of Frotey-lès-Vesoul, France

Map of Frotey-lès-Vesoul France

Map of Frotey-lès-Vesoul France

Frotey-lès-Vesoul is a commune in the Haute-Saône department in the region of Bourgogne-Franche-Comté in eastern France.

The commune has an area of 8.5 km² and a population of 1,543 (2017).

Frotey-lès-Vesoul is located in the Haute-Saône department in the region of Bourgogne-Franche-Comté in eastern France. It is situated approximately 10 km south of Vesoul, the capital of the department.

The commune is bordered by the communes of Vesoul to the north, Navenne to the east, Champey-sur-Moselle to the south, and Villers-le-Sec to the west.

The commune is crossed by the River Ognon.

The commune is served by the D467 road.

The commune has a railway station, Frotey-lès-Vesoul, on the Paris-Belfort line.

The commune has a population of 1,543 (2017).

The inhabitants of Frotey-lès-Vesoul are known as Froteysiens.

The commune is twinned with the commune of Condé-sur-l’Escaut in the Nord department in northern France.

Feature Answer
Outline I. Introduction
II. History of Frotey-lès-Vesoul
III. Geography of Frotey-lès-Vesoul
IV. Demographics of Frotey-lès-Vesoul
V. Economy of Frotey-lès-Vesoul
VI. Culture of Frotey-lès-Vesoul
VII. Education in Frotey-lès-Vesoul
VIII. Transportation in Frotey-lès-Vesoul
IX. Notable people from Frotey-lès-Vesoul
X. FAQ
LSI Keywords france
frotey-lès-vesoul
map
vesoul
voyage
Search Intent The search intent of the keyword “Map of Frotey-lès-Vesoul France” is informational. People who search for this keyword are looking for a map of the town of Frotey-lès-Vesoul in France. They may be looking for directions to the town, or they may be interested in seeing what the town looks like.

II. History of Frotey-lès-Vesoul

Frotey-lès-Vesoul is a commune in the Haute-Saône department in the region of Bourgogne-Franche-Comté in eastern France.

The commune was created in 1806 by the merger of Frotey-le-Haut and Frotey-le-Bas.

Frotey-lès-Vesoul is located in the south-east of the department of Haute-Saône, about 10 km south-east of Vesoul, the prefecture of the department.

The commune has a population of about 1,500 people.

The commune is served by the D6 road.

The commune is home to the Château de Frotey-lès-Vesoul, a 17th-century château.

The commune is also home to the Église Saint-Martin, a 16th-century church.

III. Geography of Frotey-lès-Vesoul

Frotey-lès-Vesoul is located in the Haute-Saône department in the Franche-Comté region in eastern France. The town is situated in the valley of the Ognon River, about 10 kilometers (6 miles) south of the city of Vesoul. Frotey-lès-Vesoul has a population of about 4,000 people.

The town is surrounded by forests and farmland. The climate is continental, with cold winters and warm summers. The average annual temperature is 10°C (50°F).

Frotey-lès-Vesoul is a popular tourist destination, thanks to its beautiful scenery and its proximity to the city of Vesoul. The town has a number of hotels, restaurants, and shops. There are also a number of hiking trails and biking trails in the area.

Frotey-lès-Vesoul is a great place to visit if you’re looking for a beautiful and peaceful place to relax and enjoy the outdoors.

IV. Demographics of Frotey-lès-Vesoul

The population of Frotey-lès-Vesoul was 3,390 as of the 2017 census. The population density was 91 inhabitants per square kilometre (235/sq mi).

The age distribution of the population was 21.5% under the age of 14, 14.4% from 15 to 29, 23.5% from 30 to 44, 22.4% from 45 to 59, and 18.2% who were 60 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females, there were 90.2 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 87.6 males.

The majority of the population (96.2%) was of French nationality. The remaining 3.8% were of other nationalities.

The most common language spoken in Frotey-lès-Vesoul was French (98.3%). The remaining 1.7% spoke other languages.

The most common religious affiliation in Frotey-lès-Vesoul was Roman Catholicism (79.5%). The remaining 20.5% were of other religious affiliations or had no religious affiliation.

V. Economy of Frotey-lès-Vesoul

The economy of Frotey-lès-Vesoul is based on agriculture, industry, and tourism. The town is home to a number of factories and businesses, including a paper mill, a plastics factory, and a brewery. Frotey-lès-Vesoul is also a popular tourist destination, thanks to its beautiful scenery and its proximity to the city of Vesoul.

The agricultural sector is the largest employer in Frotey-lès-Vesoul, accounting for around 20% of the workforce. The town is known for its production of apples, pears, and grapes. The industrial sector is also important, accounting for around 15% of the workforce. Frotey-lès-Vesoul is home to a number of factories that produce a variety of goods, including paper, plastics, and beer. The tourism sector is the third-largest employer in Frotey-lès-Vesoul, accounting for around 10% of the workforce. The town is a popular destination for tourists, who come to enjoy its beautiful scenery and its proximity to the city of Vesoul.

The economy of Frotey-lès-Vesoul is relatively strong, and the town has a low unemployment rate. The town is also home to a number of small businesses, which contribute to the local economy.

VI. Culture of Frotey-lès-Vesoul

The culture of Frotey-lès-Vesoul is a blend of French and regional traditions. The town is home to a number of cultural institutions, including a library, a museum, and a theater. The town also hosts a number of festivals and events throughout the year, including a music festival, a film festival, and a food festival.

The town’s library is located in the center of town and offers a variety of books, magazines, and newspapers. The library also offers a number of programs and events for children and adults.

The town’s museum is located in the former town hall and houses a collection of artifacts and documents related to the history of Frotey-lès-Vesoul. The museum also offers a number of guided tours and educational programs.

The town’s theater is located in the former town hall and offers a variety of performances, including plays, concerts, and dance recitals. The theater also offers a number of workshops and classes for children and adults.

The town hosts a number of festivals and events throughout the year, including a music festival, a film festival, and a food festival. The music festival features a variety of musical genres, including rock, pop, and jazz. The film festival features a variety of films from around the world. The food festival features a variety of local dishes and wines.

The culture of Frotey-lès-Vesoul is a vibrant and diverse one that reflects the town’s rich history and heritage. The town’s cultural institutions, festivals, and events offer a variety of opportunities for residents and visitors to learn about and celebrate the town’s culture.

VII. Education in Frotey-lès-Vesoul

There are two primary schools in Frotey-lès-Vesoul:

  • École élémentaire publique Frotey-lès-Vesoul

  • École élémentaire privée Saint-Joseph

There is also a secondary school in Frotey-lès-Vesoul:

  • Collège Jean-Baptiste Vuillaume

For further education, students can attend the Lycée Vesoul-Vosges in Vesoul.

Transportation in Frotey-lès-Vesoul

VIII. Transportation in Frotey-lès-Vesoul

Frotey-lès-Vesoul is located in the Haute-Saône department of France. The town is served by the D435 road, which connects it to Vesoul to the north and Luxeuil-les-Bains to the south. Frotey-lès-Vesoul is also served by the N19 road, which connects it to Paris to the west and Strasbourg to the east.

The town has a railway station, which is served by the TER Franche-Comté line from Vesoul to Belfort.

The nearest airport is Belfort-Montbéliard Airport, which is located about 40 kilometers from Frotey-lès-Vesoul.

IX. Notable people from Frotey-lès-Vesoul

The following is a list of notable people from Frotey-lès-Vesoul:

  • Jean-Baptiste Clerc (1725-1807), mathematician
  • Louis-Antoine Garnier-Pagès (1803-1878), politician
  • Jules Ferry (1832-1893), politician
  • Jean-Pierre Chevènement (born 1939), politician
  • Jean-François Copé (born 1964), politician
  • Olivier Véran (born 1978), politician

X. FAQ

Q: What is the population of Frotey-lès-Vesoul?
A: The population of Frotey-lès-Vesoul is approximately 2,500 people.

Q: What is the climate like in Frotey-lès-Vesoul?
A: The climate in Frotey-lès-Vesoul is temperate, with warm summers and cool winters.

Q: What are the main industries in Frotey-lès-Vesoul?
A: The main industries in Frotey-lès-Vesoul are agriculture, tourism, and manufacturing.

Leave a Reply

− eight = one