In the broad basin at the foot of the Julian and Karawank Alps lies the capital of the Socialist Republic of Slovenia on the banks of the River Ljubljanica, a tributary of the Save with its population of 305,000. The old city center has on one side the Burgberg and on the other the river. Here in summer are numerous musical events in the open air with spontaneous and direct contact with the artists – known as ‘music to touch’. In contrast to the old city is the modern conference and cultural centre Cankarjev on the west bank of the Ljubljanica. Here large congresses and sports competitions are held and concerts resound with the largest organ in Central Europe. Its position as the center of the Slovenian spiritual and cultural life is emphasized by the University of Ljubljana with its theater, film, radio and television academy.
Map of Slovenia Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Australia: Visit Australia – Travel & Tour Information
- STURT NATIONAL PARK AUSTRALIA MAP AND TRAVEL GUIDE
- KAKADU NATIONAL PARK AUSTRALIA MAP AND TRAVEL GUIDE
- Sweetwater Fishing Locations & Maps in Australia
- Map of Kings Canyon Australia