No trip would be complete without an amazing destination. You want a place that will make for a fun and memorable holiday. One ideal option is the Australian city of Cairns. For those who are new to the city, here’s a handy guide on how to go about exploring it, what to do, and where to stay!
Map of Cairns
Cairns is a city located in Queensland, Australia. It is the largest city in the state and the third-largest in Australia. Cairns is also the administrative centre for the Shire of Cairns.
Cairns was founded in 1876 by John Forrest, and became an important port for gold and sugar exports from Queensland. The city’s natural harbour and warm climate made it a popular resort destination for Australians during the early 20th century. Today, Cairns is an important tourism hub for Queensland and a popular tourist destination for people from around the world.
There are lots of things to see and do in Cairns, so it’s a great place to spend a holiday. Some of the most popular attractions include:
The Whitsundays – One of the world’s top 10 tourist destinations, The Whitsundays are a group of stunning islands located just offshore from Cairns. The islands are home to some of Australia’s best beaches, including Whitehaven Beach, which is known as one of the world’s best surfing beaches.
The Beginner Guide To Cairns: The Ideal Holiday Destination Near Australia – Map of Cairns Photo Gallery
Getting Around Cairns
If you are looking to explore Cairns, the best way to do so is by using public transportation. The city is well-connected by buses and trains, making it easy to get around. Additionally, taxis are plentiful and affordable.
If you want to explore the city on your own, there are plenty of footpaths and roads to walk on. Just be sure to wear sunscreen and bring a hat in case it starts to rain.
Most tourists visit Cairns for its tropical climate and stunning beaches. If you’re looking for something more adventurous, there are plenty of activities available in the city, such as cycling, kayaking, hiking, and snorkelling.
Hotel and Accommodation
If you’re looking for somewhere to stay while in Cairns, there are a few options available. A few of the best places to stay include the Cairns International Hotel, the Hilton Garden Inn and the Crowne Plaza Cairns. All of these establishments have a range of rooms and prices. In addition, most of them offer free parking and some include breakfast.
If you’re looking to save some money, you can check out some of the hostels in the city. These establishments usually have lower rates and are located in more convenient locations. Another option is to stay with family or friends in their home. This can be a great way to get to know people in your area and make new friends as well.
Where to Stay?
If you’re considering a trip to Cairns, Australia, but don’t know where to start, check out our guide to the best places to stay in the city. From luxurious resorts to funky B&Bs and everything in between, we’ve got you covered. Plus, if you want to get out and explore the local area, be sure to read our list of top things to do in Cairns.
Best Beaches in Cairns
If you’re looking for a tropical getaway during your Australian holiday, consider Cairns. Located just north of the Queensland coast, this city is home to some of the best beaches in the country. Here are five of the best:
1. Clifton Beach: Just a few minutes’ drive from central Cairns, Clifton Beach is a wide expanse of white sand and crystal-clear waters. This spot is great for swimming, sunbathing, and windsurfing, and there’s also a tranquil lagoon for kayaking or fishing.
2. Kuranda Beach: If you’re looking for an idyllic beachfront location, head to Kuranda Beach. The waves here are gentle enough for children to play in, and the sand is soft and clean. There’s also a great range of restaurants and cafes in the area.
3. Whitehaven Beach: One of Cairns’ most popular beaches, Whitehaven offers sweeping views of the Coral Sea as well as plenty of sun loungers and umbrellas for shade. There’s also a good range of restaurants and cafes nearby.
4. Gordon’s Bay: If you’re after some serious swimming action, then head to Gordon’s Bay. This is one of Cairns’ best sandy beaches and is home to the reef where you can see various fish varieties. There are a range of water sports activities on offer here too.
5. West End Beach: One of Cairns’ most popular beaches, West End Beach has a stunning view over the ocean and is part of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park. There’s also a great range of restaurants and cafes in the area.
How to stay Safe?
If you’re planning on travelling to Cairns in Queensland, Australia, there are a few things you should keep in mind to make sure you have a safe and enjoyable experience. Firstly, be aware of the local conditions. During the Wet Season (October-March), it’s important to be prepared for rain and flooding, while during the Dry Season (April-September), temperatures can be extreme.
Secondly, make sure to take the usual precautions when travelling to new places – don’t leave your belongings unguarded in busy areas, and don’t walk around at night alone. Finally, remember that crime rates in Cairns are generally low, but always use common sense when travelling – don’t display your expensive items unnecessarily, stay away from drugs and alcohol if you’re not comfortable with them, and avoid walking alone at night.