Train İndia Travel from Japan

Just like Europe, Japan has a pass called the JR (Japan Rail) Pass sold by the JR Group, a profit making consortium. The JR Pass is valid for almost all trains including the Shinkansen (Bullet train), buses and ferry and is available in different denominations based on the number of days ranging from

7 to as many as 21 days and has two class types – Ordinary and Green (Higher). JR Pass offers better value if you plan on staying for more than 4 days in Japan and will be using the public transportation. You also get discounts when you stay in the hotels owned by the JR Group. A JR Pass cannot be purchased inside Japan. You must purchase an Exchange Order from an authorized sales office or agent before you come to Japan. You can see the full list of authorized agents for Exchange Order and the exchange offices at You cannot use an Exchange Order when you travel on JR lines. Turn in your Exchange Order and obtain your JR Pass at one of the JR Pass exchange offices. Your Exchange Order must be turned in for a JR Pass within three months of the date the Order was issued. At the exchange office, you will be asked to fill in a short application form and to show your passport with the Temporary Visitor stamp/sticker you received on entry into Japan. You must show your passport and this stamp/sticker to process the Rail Pass Exchange Order.

Other countries / regions where you can consider train travel are Canada, Russia and Australia – i.e. if the prices are good and you have the time to travel the large distances.

Train İndia Travel from Japan Photo Gallery

Leave a Reply

fifty eight + = sixty five