Summer days in New York City can feel long, especially when you’re looking for a fun place to hang out with friends and family. But don’t worry – we’ve found the best places for you to visit in Astoria, Queens.
Map of Astoria
Astoria, Queens is the perfect place to have a summer day out in New York. The area has so much to offer visitors, and it’s easy to get around. The best part is that there are plenty of great attractions and activities to keep you busy all day long. Here are a few ideas for things to do in Astoria this summer:
-Visit the Astoria Park Conservancy for a beautiful park with plenty of amenities, such as tennis courts, a playground, and a pond.
-Take a walk along the Astoria Canalwalk for some gorgeous scenery and delicious food options.
-Watch a movie at one of the local theatres or catch a concert at the Steinway Hall.
-Explore the local art galleries or go shopping at some of the trendy boutiques in the area.
Astoria, Queens: The Best Summer Day Out In New York Photo Gallery
Things to Do in Astoria, Queens
Astoria is a great place to visit in the summer. There are so many things to do in Astoria, Queens, and it’s always a fun day out! Here are some of our favorite things to do in Astoria this summer:
1) Visit the Astoria Park Rangers’ headquarters at 23-01 31st Street for a fascinating tour of their facilities.
2) Walk or bike along the waterfront along 33rd Street and see all of the beautiful boats and waterfront businesses.
3) Drive or bike to the top of the hill at 108th Avenue and take in the stunning views of New York City below.
4) Have lunch at one of Astoria’s favorite restaurants, such as The Big Cheese, Artichoke Basille’s Pizza, or Spicy Siam Thai Kitchen.
5) Enjoy a sunny day at one of Astoria’s many parks, such as Fort Tilden Park or John Lennon Park.
Sights of Interest in Astoria
If you’re looking for a fun and exciting day out in Astoria, Queens, there are many sights of interest to explore. From the beautiful homes on Roosevelt Island to the lively streets of Astoria Village, there’s something for everyone to enjoy in this bustling borough. Here are five sights to check out when visiting Astoria this summer:
1. The New York Aquarium is a must-see for any fan of fish and water creatures. With more than 20,000 exhibits, including sharks, rays, and penguins, there’s something for everyone at this fascinating attraction. Admission is free for children under 3 years old and just $13 for adults (plus tax). Open every day from 10am to 6pm, the Aquarium is located at 111th Street and 33rd Avenue in Astoria.
2. If you’re a fan of architecture, head to LIC – Manhattan Institute for Contemporary Art – for some amazing views of New York City. Opened in 2004 by David D’Alessio and Richard Meier, LIC features cutting-edge contemporary art from around the world. Admission is free for all visitors on Fridays from 5pm to 9pm and weekends from 11am to 6pm (closed Mondays), with discounts for seniors and children.
3. Take a trip to the Bronx Zoo – it’s a visit you won’t soon forget! The Bronx Zoo is located in the Bronx borough of New York City, approximately 2 miles north of Manhattan on the Hutchinson River Parkway. Admission prices start at just $30 (plus tax).
4. If you’re looking to catch some rays in style, head to the rooftop pool at Chelsea Piers. Located in Chelsea Pier Park, Chelsea Piers is actually an urban recreation center that offers swimming pools, tennis courts, playgrounds, sports fields and more! The facility also hosts concerts and events year-round for all ages.
Restaurants in Astoria
Located in Astoria, Queens, the Bitches Brew Pub has been serving up delicious food and drink to locals and visitors for over 20 years. The Bitches Brew Pub is known for its burgers, dogs, fries and milkshakes. They also have a wide selection of beer on tap, as well as wine and cocktails.
If you’re looking for a fun summer day out in New York City, be sure to check out the Bitches Brew Pub!
When it comes to summer activities in Astoria, Queens, there are plenty of options. Whether you’re looking for a lively day out with friends or want to relax in a beautiful setting, these stores have something for everyone.
1. LUNA+CHILDREN: If you’re looking for a fun shopping experience with your kids, Luna+Children is the place to be. The store is filled with colorful merchandise and has a playground right outside.
2. GAP: In addition to being one of the most popular clothing stores in the world, Gap also has a great selection of summer items. From swimsuits to T-shirts, you’ll find everything you need here.
3. STRAND BOOKSTORE: Whether you’re looking for a new book or simply some peace and quiet, Strand is the perfect spot. The bookstore is open late into the night, making it the perfect spot to relax after a long day at the beach or on the town.