THE FAIRY-TALE CAPITAL OF THE WORLD.
Odense is one of the oldest cities in Denmark and has a population of 155,000. The city was founded more than 1000 years ago and was mentioned in history for the first time in the year 988 AD. Denmark’s world famous fairy-tale writer Hans Christian Andersen was born in Odense in 1805, and the Hans Christian Andersen Museum with its story of the writer’s fantastic life, is visited annually by thousands of tourists from more than 40 countries. Odense is situated in the middle of the beautiful Island of Funen where there are more than 70 manor houses and castles. Hans Christian Andersen also mentioned Funen as ‘The Garden of Denmark’. A Denmark visit without Odense and Funen would therefore only be half a visit.
MAP OF ODENSE Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Great Benefits of The Scratch Map
- Map of Australia: Visit Australia – Travel & Tour Information
- STURT NATIONAL PARK AUSTRALIA MAP AND TRAVEL GUIDE
- KAKADU NATIONAL PARK AUSTRALIA MAP AND TRAVEL GUIDE
- Sweetwater Fishing Locations & Maps in Australia