Barnes and Noble US Map & Phone & Address
• 395 Washington St, Boston; (617) 426-5184
• 660 Beacon St, Boston; (617) 267-8484
• 150 Granite St, Braintree; (617) 380-3655
• 325 Harvard St, Brookline; (617) 566-5562
• Burlington Mall Rd. Burlington; (617) 270-5500
• 170 Boylston St (Rte. 9), Chestnut Hill; (617) 965-7621
• And other suburban locations One of the country’s best-known book discounters, B & N sells all new hardcovers at 20% off the cover price; same discount for paperbacks on the New York Times bestseller list. In addition, some 15-20 “staff recommendations” are marked 30% off.
There is an extensive selection of remainder books, such as Stephen King’s Dolores Claiborne, right after the release of the movie, marked down from $23.50 to $6.99. And then there are the $1 shelves, with books by Arthur C. Clarke and Erma Bombeck. Now there’s a combination for ya.
They also host a full slate of author appearances, storytelling, and the like; see the listing under “Entertainment Readings and Literary Events.” In 1995, B & N added the Boston University Bookstore in Ken-more Square into its fold. Store hours vary, but all branches are open seven days, including every evening but Sundays.