Are you planning to visit Hamburg? If so, this is the guide for you. Every map of Hamburg contains information on things to do and places to visit in the city. This can be a helpful tool for those visiting Hamburg for the first time and want to see what they need to see or have already visited and have an idea of what’s worth checking out again!
Map of Hamburg
Hamburg is a vibrant and historic city with plenty of attractions to explore, no matter what your interests may be. Whether you’re looking for historical landmarks, cultural experiences, or just some delicious restaurants, this map will help you find the best of what Hamburg has to offer.
Attractions are listed in alphabetical order and the map covers a range of different areas including the old town, docks, parks, and more. You can also find useful transport information, business listings, and more.
Hamburg Travel Guide: A Map To The Best Hamburg Attractions Photo Gallery
Why visit Hamburg?
Hamburg is a vibrant city with plenty of attractions to keep visitors occupied for days. The city’s history is visible in many landmarks and architecture, while its present day offers a wealth of cultural experiences. Here are top 10 attractions that should be on every Hamburg traveller’s list:
1) Alster Lake
2) Binnenalster Park
3) Sternwarte Hamburg
4) Hamburger Dom (Cathedral)
5) Laeisz Museum of Modern Art
6) Johanneum (University Church)
7) Museum fuer Gegenwart (Museum of Contemporary Art Hamburg)
8) Deutsches Historisches Museum (German Historical Museum)
9) Fischmarkt Markthalle
10) Elbphilharmonie Hamburg
What to do in Hamburg
If you’re looking for a fun and interesting city to explore, then Hamburg is definitely the place to be. With attractions ranging from world-famous museums, to trendy nightlife scenes, there’s something for everyone in this vibrant city. Here’s a guide to the best Hamburg attractions:
1. Museums: If you’re interested in history or art, then you’ll love the museums in Hamburg. The Alte Nationalgalerie (Old National Gallery), Museum fur Kunst und Gewerbe (Museum of Art and Industry), and Kunsthalle Hamburg are all must-see destinations.
2. Half-timbered houses: One of the most distinctive features of Hamburg is its half-timbered houses. These centuries-old homes are filled with unique character and charm, and make for a great photo op. Be sure to check out the Volksdamm (People’s Dam) area for some great examples.
3. Top shopping streets: if high fashion is your thing, then head to Königsallee or Maximilianstraße for some of the best shopping in Germany. Alternatively, visit the historic Schanzenviertel district for artisanal goods and souvenirs.
When to go and how to get there
When to go: The best time to visit Hamburg is from May to October, when the weather is temperate and sunny.
How to get there: By plane: Hamburg’s main airport is Hamburg-Flughafen (HAM), which is located about 30 minutes by train from the city center. You can also reach Hamburg by train from various other German cities, including Berlin and Frankfurt.
By car: The A1 motorway runs through the heart of Hamburg, linking the city with other major German cities such as Cologne and Frankfurt. The A7 runs parallel to the A1 and provides easy access to the outskirts of Hamburg.
By bus: There are frequent bus connections between Hamburg’s inner-city districts and the surrounding suburbs.
Where to stay in Hamburg
Hamburg is a large city, but it has plenty of places to stay if you’re looking for a place to call home while you’re here. From budget-friendly options to top-notch hotels, there’s something for everyone.
The most popular types of accommodation in Hamburg are hostels and hotels. Hostels can range from very basic facilities to more luxurious options, while hotels can be found in all price ranges.
If you’re looking for an apartment or house to rent, the best option is probably to look online. There are dozens of rental agencies located all over Hamburg, and they usually have a wide range of properties available. You can also try contacting local property owners directly if you have specific requirements.
Whatever type of accommodation you choose in Hamburg, make sure to check the availability and prices before booking anything. This way, you’ll be able to find the perfect fit for your budget and needs.