OFFICIAL NAME: UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND
The North American’s first trip overseas is most likely to be to Britain and Europe. Landing in London the traveler has the largest museum city in the world to explore. Two airports serve the international traveler, Heathrow and Gatwick. Both have links into the heart of London. Gatwick to Victoria Station is a thirty-eight minute train ride. Heathrow to Piccadilly Station is forty minutes by Underground (subway). Heathrow is one of the top five busiest airports in the world.
Most Americans who fly to the United Kingdom arrive and depart from the London, Glasgow or Belfast airports. They seldom travel by air within Britain.
Seeing Britain by rental car or by rail are the preferred means of transport. Even so, Britain has twenty-nine international airports. Few of them are served by direct flights from the U.S.
UNITED KINGDOM Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- The Great Benefits of The Scratch Map
- Map of Australia: Visit Australia – Travel & Tour Information
- STURT NATIONAL PARK AUSTRALIA MAP AND TRAVEL GUIDE
- KAKADU NATIONAL PARK AUSTRALIA MAP AND TRAVEL GUIDE
- Sweetwater Fishing Locations & Maps in Australia