While going on vacation can often be a relaxing way to spend a long weekend, it is almost impossible to book a getaway that is hassle-free. From the preparation of your luggage and accommodations, to booking and settling the bill for the trip, you’ll most likely have a mishap or two occur. One area where you’ll often encounter a problem is arranging transportation to and from the house to the airport.
Rather than riding to the airport in a taxi, or asking a friend or family member for a, you can use your personal car and just park it around the area. After all, it’s always nice to know you can quickly get in your own car and go home after a long flight.
However, there are a lot of people who choose to use long term parking at the airport, which can get very costly, especially over time. This is why it’s best that you equip yourself with the right knowledge with regards to airport parking. Here are six tips that you can use to
1. Identify the distance of the parking area to the airport. The closer the parking area is to the airport the cheaper it will be. Instead, you can find a spot that is a little further from the airport and use a shuttle that stops at the terminal. This will result in a substantially cheaper parking fee.
2. Use a valet service. There are many airlines that offer valet services. These services will allow you to hand over your car keys and they will take care of the rest for you. They will park your car and retrieve it once you’re back. Since these kinds of services are often offered by the airport, they will definitely be safe. The only downside to this is that it can be costly.
3. Use the hotel parking. If you have stayed at the airport hotel before your flight, then your best option is to leave your vehicle in the hotel. It has high security and is accessible from the airport. As a result, you’ll have less trouble retrieving your car when you return from your vacation.
4. Take a photo of your chosen parking space. Taking a photo with your smartphone or camera of the parking space will be enough to remind you where you parked your car. Doing this will save you a lot of worry and effort in looking for your parked car once you return home from the trip.
5. Get cheaper parking before you head to the airport. You can actually search some off-airport parking spots online. The best thing about online parking reservation is that there’s always a way to get a discount, a coupon, or a promotional code.
6. Sticking with an airport’s own parking space. If you can afford the airport’s parking fee on a daily basis, it might be your best bet if you can afford it. While it may not be the most affordable, it is one of the more convenient ways to park your car while you go on vaction
Now that you have some comprehensive tips to work with to park your car in a cheaper and more convenient manner, you should definitely start testing out these methods for your next vacation. Regardless of how close you park to the airport, parking is ultimately a limited commodity, so you should make sure to come to the airport earlier than scheduled so that you have time to park or deal with any emergency parking problems that may arise. Remember to plan ahead and pre-book your parking before you go to the airport to ensure that you have no problems.