Copenhagen, which means ‘the merchant’s harbour in Danish, is presently Scandinavia’s largest city with a population of 1.4 million.
It is the Capital of Denmark, and the seat of the oldest Kingdom in the world. The city was founded in 1167 by a bishop called Absalon.
Some of the remarkable buildings in the city are the Old Stock Exchange, the Round Tower and the Rosenborg Castle. They where built during the reign of King Christian IV. The city was besieged by Sweden in the 17th century and survived the plague and two devastating fires in the following century. The city was occupied by Germany during World War II.
It is very easy to make yourself at home in Copenhagen, with its canals, narrow streets, old houses and quiet charm.
The people of Copenhagen are very hospitable and have a good command of the English language.
COPENHAGEN MAP Photo Gallery
Maybe You Like Them Too
- Map of Australia: Visit Australia – Travel & Tour Information
- STURT NATIONAL PARK AUSTRALIA MAP AND TRAVEL GUIDE
- KAKADU NATIONAL PARK AUSTRALIA MAP AND TRAVEL GUIDE
- Sweetwater Fishing Locations & Maps in Australia
- Map of Kings Canyon Australia